This post contains affiliate links that I earn a commission through. Thank you for supporting Twins and Coffee!
Newborn twins calls for newborn twin tips.
Newborn twins are no walk in the park, as you can likely imagine.
There is a lot of walking on eggshells with newborn twins and just hoping what you’re doing is right. Or at least WORKS.
I can’t remember much from those days, just being honest.
Most days blur into each other and it takes a photo or blog piece I wrote to really jog my memory from those early days.
But I’ve gotten a lot of questions from you guys lately over on Instagram for newborn twin tips, so I dove back into my notes, pictures and blog posts from those early days and have put together a list of 10 tips I think will really help you get through this trying time with your twins.
Here are ten of my best newborn twin tips!
- Sleep when they sleep, and thank yourself later.
- Speaking of sleep, do yourself and your peace of mind a favor and look into Owlet socks. I WISH I would have purchased!
- Give yourself a schedule. And again, thank yourself later.
- Find something just for you. A hobby, part time job, book club, friends. SOMETHING. Finding something just for you will save you when it comes to the loneliness that twins can bring into your life.
- Use SwaddleMe Swaddles for a solid nights sleep. Swings also work wonders. Anything for GOOD sleep. Invest in good sleep and you will find that it was the best money ever spent.
- Also invest in good nursing equipment if you’re going that route. Like a Twin Z pillow or My Breast Friend pillow. But keep in mind FED is BEST. We do not judge around here. Do what is best for your own sanity.
- Get out of the house daily. Even for a walk to the mailbox. The fresh air will do you and your fresh babies wonders.
- Save money on things like clothes and blankets. The Facebook Marketplace has a plethora of baby goods that you can buy second hand to save yourself some major cash!
- Always feed at the same time. If that means nursing one and bottle feeding the other, do it. Otherwise you’ll constantly be feeding one and then the other and never have the time for anything else. Save the time where you can!
- But always do what works for you. You know what is best for your babies. I know you do. It might not feel like it sometimes but trust me, you were given them for a reason. You know how to parent them better than anyone else.
- And lastly, get help. Don’t pretend you don’t need it because you do. Take any ounce of help that is offered your way. So you can sleep, shop, do anything in peace. You can be a great mom WITH help. You don’t have to suffer through it alone just because you’re a mom now. You deserve that help.
I hope these newborn twin tips help you get through these early days at home with your twins. Out of them all my top two are SLEEP when they sleep and TAKE THE HELP.
You can always clean later. But you can’t sleep later. Trust me. I never slept and I paid for it big time. And then the help? Accept it. Have them help clean up. Grocery shop. Help with tummy time so you can just lay there and try to get some more sleep. They don’t have to strictly help with the babies.
You got this mama. I believe in you.