This post contains affiliate links that I earn a commission through. Thank you for supporting Twins and Coffee!
If you’re looking to boost your mental health and happiness, reading through some quotes about mental health support should help!
How to Support Your Mental Health
One of the best things you can do when you’re struggling with your mental health is dive into mental health self-help tools to begin supporting your mental well-being.
I know therapy isn’t for everyone. While it is something that I find to be an important factor in my own mental health journey, therapy totally doesn’t have to be a part of your own journey. And at that, you shouldn’t feel guilty for it either! Some things work for some people while other things work for others. A variation of mental health self-help tools might just be it for you.
Tips for Supporting Your Mental Health
I’ve tried an abundance of “mental health support apps” and with that, I can honestly say they’re all worth a shot. Like I’ve said a few times at this point, what works for someone else might not work for you. You might find that the random app you never thought would help might be best for you, or teach you something you hadn’t thought about before.
Here are a few of my favorite apps for mental health support:
Another good one with plenty of quotes about mental health that has helped me is PINTEREST! There are so many inspirational quote posts on Pinterest and I love to save them to boards to read through later.
One of my favorite tools for mental health support is journaling. Journal your thoughts when you are having a hard day, or even a good day! Buy yourself a happy yellow or fun journal that makes you smile. Keep it on your nightstand. If you really want to dive in, search Pinterest for journaling prompts.
Something I’ve recently dived into that has been an eye-opening experience is bullet journal habit tracking for following the ups and downs of my moods. You can also use it for tracking an abundance of things like exercise, sleep, medication, and more.
For a long time, I was very against bullet journals and just thought it was a waste of time. But something about doodling in a pretty journal with some fun pens just makes my heart happy. Filling in the little designs I’ve created every day to track my mood has become a norm and it’s offered me something to bring to the table in therapy that I otherwise wouldn’t have been able to.
Before you roll your eyes at me- hear me out. I’m not talking luxurious baths, bath bombs, or face masks here. I’m talking about intentionally setting aside time to take care of yourself. To take your meds, refill your prescription, breathe, collect your thoughts or do nothing. I have come to find along my own journey that oftentimes self-care is talked about as an extreme thing to do for yourself. But for me, self-care means nurturing what makes you, YOU.
Online Therapy Resource
Now, we’ve talked a bit about self-help tools for mental health. But if you’re thinking you want to take it a step further I really suggest looking into therapy. Something I’ve recently dived into is online therapy through BetterHelp and it has been a godsend. the 24/7 chat feature is by far my favorite.
If you want to read more about my experience with online therapy, click here.
Now that we have talked about ways to support your mental health, let’s dive into one of the easiest ways: reading quotes about mental health!
I think you’ll love these!
- Top Rated Pinterest Simple Banana Bread Muffins
- 30+ of the Best DIY Gifts for Mom and Grandma
- Self Care Worksheets for Taking Care of Your Mental Health
- Why is it So Hard to Take Care of Yourself?
- How to Take a Self Care Day (Mental Health Day)
Quotes About Mental Health
- Be gentle with yourself. You’re doing the best you can.
- Give yourself permission to unplug and regroup without feeling guilty. You can’t be there for others if you’re not taking care of yourself.
- Today I accept and let go of the things that I can’t control and focus my energy on the things that I can.
- You’re doing your best and that is enough.
- Don’t forget to give yourself credit.
- Somedays, your light may curb the waves of uncertainty but that doesn’t mean you will never shine again.
- What we don’t need in the midst of struggle is shame for being human – Brene Brown
- When you can’t control what’s happening, challenge yourself to control the way you are responding to what is happening. That is where the power is.
- If you are searching for that one person that will change your life, take a look in the mirror.
- You are strong enough to face it all, even if it doesn’t feel like it right now.
- If I can survive the war that I battle within myself, I can survive anything.
- You can be a strong woman and still struggle with mental health.
- Small, shaky steps still count. Remember that.
- Progress is still progress.
- Friendly reminder that “doing your best” does not mean working yourself to the point of a mental breakdown.
- Mental illness is not a personal failure.
- If it costs you your peace, it is too expensive.
- Life is way to short to spend another day at war with yourself.
- Don’t be afraid. I will sit with you in the dark and wait until the light comes. – Nadine Tomlinson
- Be patient with yourself. Nothing in nature blooms all year.
- No matter what you are going through, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel
- Nothing is worth your mental health
- You are human. You don’t have to have it together every minute of the day.
- Don’t believe everything you think.
Now that I have shared a few of my favorite quotes about mental health, I hope you take them with you and maybe even save a few of the mental health quote pictures to look at later.
For more on mental health, check out these posts: