This post contains affiliate links that I earn a commission through. Thank you for supporting Twins and Coffee!
We are going on week three of the pumpkin goodies in my house and I don’t think we’ll ever get tired if this.
There is just something about pumpkin spice in baking that I can never get tired of.
So following along on the pumpkin spice train, this week we are making pumpkin spice cream cheese bread!
If you missed the first two, here is what we have made so far:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies
But before we get started I needed to mention something that I have received some feedback on. Please please PLEASE! Check your baked goodies before taking them out of the oven. My oven temp and such might vary from yours. So when you are baking, make sure to check with a knife before taking the goods out and turning the oven off.
I felt so bad when my friend tried to make up the chocolate chip pumpkin bars I posted a few weeks back, and she ended up with a soupy center!
Always check your baked goods with a knife or toothpick before taking them out of the oven!
Okay. Now I have said what I needed to say.
Back to pumpkin.
This week I am sharing my favorite pumpkin bread recipe! It is packed with flavor aaaaand cream cheese.
The best pair, in my opinion.
My recipe does make a rather large loaf that takes quite some time to bake. But you could also divvy it up into two smaller loaves, or pour and spoon for muffins.
Anyway you go about it, they will be delicious.
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||60 Minutes|
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 Cup oil
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 Cups flour
- 1 TSP baking soda
- 2 TSP cinnamon
- 1/2 TSP nutmeg
- 1 TSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Start by preheating oven to 325 and then mix together all of your wet pumpkin loaf ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Then add in sugars to the wet mixture, mix until creamy
- Place a sifter on top of bowl and add all dry ingredients
- Sift into wet mixture then fold in to combine
- Now for the cream cheese filling, start by whipping the cream cheese
- Then add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth
- In a large greased load pan, pour half of the pumpkin batter then the cream cheese filing, then top with the rest of the pumpkin batter
- Using a knife, swirl through the entire loaf to blend in the cream cheese filling
- Pop into the oven and set timer for 50 minutes. Check and then bake for 10-15 more minutes. (done when you can stick a knife or toothpick in and pull out clean)
- Let sit for a good 30 minutes before trying to slice. Then enjoy!
Leave a Reply