This post contains affiliate links that I earn a commission through. Thank you for supporting Twins and Coffee!
Who doesn’t love pizza? It’s the holy grail of all foods, right? I think so. It can be healthy (CAN be…), eaten at any time, or even a sweet dessert!
When my husband said he wanted pizza for dinner, I thought it would be fun to make it a little different. At first I was going to make pizza rolls, but once I created log to start slicing, I decided on a ring instead!
The pizza ring turned out fantastic! It was super easy to make AND eat. This would be the perfect dinner for a family with little ones!
Here is how I made it:
I started by getting all of my ingredients out
Then I chopped up the olives and rolled out the pre-made pizza dough into a large rectangle
Next, I slathered on a thin layer of sauce
Do not throw on a heavy amount of sauce. You will regret it when it comes to rolling the dough into a log.
After the sauce, I layered on the toppings (or fillings in this case)
Then I rolled the dough cinnamon roll style, and looped it on a floured pizza pan.
Once the sides were securely pinched together, I painted on some melted butter.
Finally, I baked the ring at 350 degrees for 16 minutes and out came this beautiful, golden brown ring of pizza goodness.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||16-20 minutes|
- 1 can pizza dough
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 1 package pepperoni slices
- 1/2 can olives
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- flour counter and roll out pre-made pizza dough to a large rectangle
- spread 1/2 jar of pizza sauce evenly around rectangle, leaving the edges bare
- slice up half of a can of olives
- layer pepperoni slices on top of sauce
- sprinkle cheese and olives over the pepperoni
- roll pizza dough cinnamon roll style towards you. make sure you pinch the end of the dough to the roll well so no fillings escape while baking
- carefully transfer dough log to floured pizza pan and shape into a ring
- brush on melted butter
- bake for 16-20 minutes, top will be golden brown (like pizza crust) when done
- slice into 1 inch pieces and use the remaining pizza sauce as dip!
Leave a Reply