This post contains affiliate links that I earn a commission through. Thank you for supporting Twins and Coffee!
That’s right- cornbread WAFFLES. When you’re in a pinch, either time wise or budget wise, chili and cornbread is the way to go. The cheap meal can get pretty boring though, right? That is why I decided to switch it up and throw the cornbread batter on the waffle maker and see what would happen. Turns out, it makes some pretty great waffles! Finish the meal by topping the waffles with chili and toppings. Cheap, easy and fun!
*I used prepared canned chili (because it was on sale), but you can find my simple Crockpot chili recipe here!*
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1 can chili use your favorite, or recreate my recipe!
- 1 package cornbread mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese optional
- 1 medium tomato diced, optional
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce optional
- 1 dollop sour cream optional
- Preheat your waffle iron
- On the stove, heat chili in a medium sauce pan
- Prepare cornbread mix according to package instructions
- Spray waffle iron with cooking spray, then pour half the batter on the iron and cook until golden brown and crispy
- Repeat for second waffle
- Top the warm waffles with chili and toppings of your choosing
Leave a Reply