This post contains affiliate links that I earn a commission through. Thank you for supporting Twins and Coffee!
If you’re looking for a new side dish or afternoon snack, my simple fruit salsa and air fryer cinnamon chips will be your new go-to.
This post is sponsored by QFC & Fred Meyer and all thoughts and opinions made are mine alone.
Fruit salsa is the new and improved fruit salad
We have a TON of holidays coming up with fall around the corner, and I figured this would be a great time to share with ya’ll my new favorite fruit salad upgrade.
I don’t know about you, but almost all of my big occasion memories involve some sort of fruit salad (odd memory, but if you ate it as frequently as I did growing up you would understand). I was usually the one in charge of putting it together growing up because it was one of the few things my mom trusted me to make. But let’s be real, fruit salad is boring and I wanted to try out a new idea. Aka, fruit salsa.
I had come across fruit salsa a few times on Pinterest and figured with the upcoming Labor Day holiday along with my twins third birthday party that now would be a great time to try it out along with some air fryer cinnamon chips.
If you are as obsessed with your air fryer as I am, homemade cinnamon sugar chips will absolutely be your new guilty pleasure.
Not only does the combo of fruit salsa & cinnamon chips make for a great dish for family gatherings and parties, but it makes as an awesome make-ahead afternoon slump snack to get everyone back in gear.
Before we dive into the simple recipe (and by simple, I mean like SIMPLE simple), let me share a bit about today’s partner.
Today I am teaming up with my friends over at QFC & Fred Meyer to share my fruit salad and cinnamon chips recipe, along with some tips for responsible get-togethers over the coming months. I wanted to team up with them to highlight their awesome selection of quality produce along with my favorite own brand of theirs– Simple Truth.
When it comes to building any sort of recipe revolving around fruit, QFC is my go-to. The last thing I want when putting together a recipe is squishy fruit that’s going bad or a moldy strawberry hidden in the middle of the container.
We’ve all been there, right?
After shopping at many stores around the PNW over the years, I have come to trust that when I snag some produce from QFC & Fred Meyer that it has been carefully looked over so that I don’t get that yucky surprise when I get home.
But beyond the fruit, I have been loving their Simple Truth line. It’s available at both QFC and Fred Meyer (my other fave!) and I love that everything is high quality, cleaner, and best of all, affordable. QFC is constantly running deals to save on the Simple Truth line items as well. Check here to see what coupons you can find!
Tips for a Responsible Get-Together with close family and friends
I am sure you’re well aware of the times we’re in right now. Holidays and celebrations over the upcoming months will be very different from years past. BUT that doesn’t mean we have to cut everything out completely.
The biggest tip I have to share here is to use your common sense. Simple enough, but we have to look out for each other right now. We can do that in an assortment of ways beyond a digital get-together including;
- Starting with ordering off of Clicklist to limit your time in-store. Make sure to wear your mask during pick-up and wash up after loading up your groceries.
- Frequent handwashing during food prep + sanitization of any equipment used (think knife handles or stirring utensils that you might be touching over various handwashings).
- Make sure to have a hand sanitizer or a place to wash hands readily available during the get-together.
- Bring your own utensils, plates, cups, etc.
- Limit any community food options by having one person in charge of the grill or serving food with freshly washed hands or gloves.
- Be smart. We’re all doing our best, and that is all we can do. Wash your hands, stay home if you are sick or have been sick, stick to small groups, keep some distance, and enjoy what you can.
simple fruit salsa and air fryer cinnamon chips
Now is time to move onto my simple & tasty fruit salsa and air fryer cinnamon chips. Let’s dive in!
simple fruit salsa
- Favorite fruits ( I chose red and blue in celebration of the upcoming Labor Day holiday)
- 1/2 to 1 whole lime
- Chop assorted fruits into very small pieces and place in a large bowl
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over finely chopped fruits and mix (I like the flavor the lime adds, so I squeeze a whole lime!)
- Cover with plastic wrap and stick into the fridge for 1-2 hours before serving for best taste, or enjoy right away!
air fryer cinnamon chips
- Simple Truth Tortillas (each tortilla makes 6-8 chips)
- Simple Truth Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Cinnamon sugar
- Slice each tortilla into 6-8 triangles
- Spread an even layer (minimal overlapping) inside of your air fryer basket
- Spray triangles with cooking spray, flip, and spray the other side as well
- Cook at 375 in the air fryer for three minutes then flip and cook for another three minutes (chips might move around, so adjust their placement when you flip them)
- Remove and place in a large bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, coating each side
- Place finished chips on desired serving plate/bowl
- Repeat for the desired number of chips
- Enjoy with fresh fruit salsa
The fruit salsa and cinnamon sugar chips are about as simple as it gets, right? Now hop over to QFC’s website here and start your order!
If you’re looking for more tasty recipes featuring QFC and Fred Meyer, click here![instagram-feed]