This post contains affiliate links that I earn a commission through. Thank you for supporting Twins and Coffee!
Anxiety is the worst. Let’s just put that out there. Whether you struggle with an anxiety disorder or just bouts of anxiety, once the anxious thoughts flood in it is game over for us all. Now, you might be skeptical if anxiety affirmations can even help with these negative thoughts, but trust me, they are worth a shot.
Keep reading for a huge list of 120+ affirmations for anxiety that’ll help calm you down and stop the never-ending spiral of anxious thoughts in your brain.
Disclosure: I am not a medical professional. I am just someone who openly shares their experience with mental illness on the internet. Nothing I say should be taken as medical advice. Talk to your doctor if you are struggling with your mental health.
Love a good list of affirmations? This list of positive affirmations for depression might be a good one to open in a new tab to read next!
I think most of us who struggle with anxiety issues remember some of the worst moments when anxiety has taken over our brains. Personally, I can remember the first time I ever felt anxious and wish back then there was more talk about anxiety so that I could have gotten help and wasn’t told to just “get over it”.
I was 6 and had just started at a new school in a new state. I didn’t know anyone aside from my family. My mom had taken me to school a few times but she wanted me to ride the bus that day. I remember standing at the bus stop and all of a sudden I needed to go to the bathroom RIGHT then. My stomach felt like a cement block and I was nauseous.
Now, my mom thought I was just being a kid and didn’t want to go to school and while that was partially true (hence where the anxiety came from), I didn’t want to go because I felt physically ill.
I eventually had to go to school that day but every single morning following that experience I had the same feeling in my belly. I felt sick every morning before school.
Do you know what fixed it? Moving. Eventually, we were able to move back to my home state and I started at a new school mid-year. I was just as anxious but thankfully I met someone pretty special that first day of school. She quickly became my first best friend and after that, the before-school anxiety disappeared and my academic performance sky-rocketed.
Before school anxiety did. But not anxiety as a whole. The physical symptoms were the worst to deal with out of everything else.
Now I have struggled with it ever since but something that finally worked for me was speaking kind words to myself such as the anxiety affirmations listed later on in this post. They are a very useful tool for those of us battling anxiety.
As it turns out, most of my anxiety came from negative self-talk which led to low self-esteem. I’d talk myself down to a point where I became so anxious about a situation that I would make myself sick (just like in kindergarten).
Once I started working on positive thinking and self talk, things began to change and that is the power of affirmations at work.
Now, you’re probably done learning about me and my upset stomach. Let’s get to the actual meat of this post.
What are Anxiety Affirmations?
Imagine anxiety affirmations as your daily dose of mental vitamins. These positive statements, like little mantras, serve as a shield against the never-ending negative thoughts that often accompany anxiety.
It’s an intentional effort to reshape your internal dialogue—swapping self-doubt with uplifting phrases.
Personally, I’ve experienced a shift in my overall mindset by integrating these affirmations into my routine and they have even helped with anxiety attacks. They act as a powerful tool in breaking the cycle of anxious thoughts, leading to resilience, and promoting a more positive mental space.
How do Anxiety Affirmations Work?
You know, anxiety affirmations work like a friendly conversation with yourself, steering your thoughts away from the anxious abyss. It’s a deliberate effort to challenge those negative thoughts that tend to hijack your mind and the good news is that they might not even take that long to begin working for you. Here’s a bit more detail:
- Positive Reprogramming: Daily affirmations act like a mental reset button, rewiring your thought patterns towards positivity leading to positive thoughts most of the time.
- Daily Reinforcement: Consistent repetition of these affirmations helps embed them in your psyche, creating a mental defense against anxious thoughts.
- Mind-Body Connection: By replacing negative self-talk with uplifting phrases, you’re not just soothing your mind but also positively impacting your overall well-being.
- Building Resilience: Over time, affirmations contribute to a mental resilience that makes it easier to confront and navigate anxious moments.
In my journey, incorporating these affirmations into my routine played an essential role in breaking free from the hold of anxiety’s negative narrative. It’s like giving your mind a daily dose of encouragement to counteract the anxious whispers.
How Affirmations Help Anxiety
So, let’s unpack how affirmations come to the rescue when it comes to anxiety. It’s like having a reliable friend in your corner, cheering you on through the challenges. Here are a few key points:
- Positive Mindset Shift: Affirmations act as a catalyst for transforming negative thought patterns into more positive and constructive ones bringing on some inner peace.
- Self-Encouragement: They serve as a form of self-encouragement, a daily reminder that you have the strength to overcome anxiety.
- Anchoring Positivity: Repetition of affirmations anchors positive sentiments, creating a mental safe haven amid anxious moments.
- Coping Mechanism: Affirmations become a go-to coping mechanism for battling negative emotions, offering solace and support during particularly stressful situations in life like panic attacks. They have definitely had a positive impact on my own dealing with panic attacks
In my experience, integrating affirmations into my daily routine was like crafting a shield against the storm of anxious thoughts, leading to a more resilient and optimistic mindset. It’s like giving yourself a daily boost of courage to navigate the complexities of anxiety.
How to Add Anxiety Affirmations into Your Daily Life
Incorporating anxiety affirmations into your daily life is like sprinkling a bit of positivity throughout your day. Here are some ways to make it a seamless part of your routine:
- Morning Rituals: Start your day by reciting affirmations while brushing your teeth or during your morning coffee routine. You could even begin the day with a journal entry with a few positive morning affirmations. It sets a positive tone for the day ahead. I’d say this is the most simple way to get started that many people go for.
- Sticky Note Reminders: Place affirmations on sticky notes around your workspace or home. It’s like leaving little motivational messages for yourself. I used to have some all over my house. My kids thought I had a love for sticky notes but no, I was just trying to learn how to have a good time over an anxious one.
- Commute Companion: Whether you’re driving or taking public transport, turn your commute into a time for positive self-talk by repeating affirmations. Remember to take some deep breaths too!
- Mindful Moments: Incorporate affirmations during moments of mindfulness or meditation. It adds a layer of positivity to your mental well-being practices. One way to do this is by starting to work on mindfulness when you are experiencing anxiety symptoms. You can do this via breathing techniques or visualization to help put an end to the anxious feelings.
- Bedtime Routine: End your day on a positive note by reflecting on affirmations before bedtime. It’s like tucking your mind in with soothing thoughts. Adding them to the end of your day during your everyday life can be very beneficial!
In my journey, these simple yet intentional moments of affirmations became anchors of positivity, gradually shaping a more optimistic mindset amidst the ebb and flow of daily life.
I think you’ll love these!
- 120+ Positive Bedtime Affirmations to Sleep Better
- 120+ Positive Anxiety Affirmations for Stress Relief
- 108 Quotes About Falling in Love with Your Best Friend
- 127 Inspirational October Quotes and Sayings for Fall
- 28 Best Motivational Podcasts on Spotify to Inspire
120+ Anxiety Affirmations
Affirmations are one powerful tool and the following list of affirmations is sure to help you get a jump start on incorporating positive self-talk into your daily life.
I’ve broken the big list of anxiety affirmations down into four categories:
- daily anxiety affirmations
- circumstantial anxiety affirmations
- morning anxiety affirmations
- & bedtime anxiety affirmations
That way if you are looking for something specific, you can easily scroll through and find what you are looking for.
Let’s get to it!
Daily Anxiety Affirmations
- I am capable of handling whatever comes my way.
- My thoughts do not define me; I choose positivity.
- I release all anxiety and embrace peace within myself.
- I am resilient, and I can overcome any challenges.
- Today, I choose calmness over stress.
- I trust in my ability to navigate through difficult times.
- Each breath I take fills me with tranquility.
- I let go of worry, and I embrace the present moment.
- I am in control of my thoughts and emotions.
- I am stronger than my fears, and I face them with courage.
- My mind is a place of peace and serenity.
- I am worthy of love and acceptance just as I am.
- I release the need for perfection and accept myself as I am.
- Today, I choose self-compassion and understanding.
- I am surrounded by love and support.
- My challenges are opportunities for growth and learning.
- I am grounded, secure, and supported by the universe.
- I trust in the natural flow of life and release resistance.
- I am not alone; I am connected to the positive energy around me.
- I acknowledge my strengths and celebrate my victories, big or small.
- I choose thoughts that nourish my mind and body.
- I am deserving of all the good things life has to offer.
- I am at peace with my past, present, and future.
- I am the architect of my own happiness.
- I let go of the need for control and embrace uncertainty.
- Today, I choose joy over fear.
- I am free from the burden of what others think of me.
- I release tension from my body and mind.
- I am open to new possibilities and opportunities.
- I trust the journey, even when I do not understand it.
- I am a magnet for positive energy and experiences.
- I am a work in progress, and that is perfectly okay.
- I am proud of the progress I’ve made, no matter how small.
- My inner peace is a reflection of my inner strength.
- I am capable, resilient, and worthy of a peaceful life.
Circumstantial Anxiety Affirmations for Stressful Situations
- I am equipped to handle whatever challenges come my way.
- My calm and focused mind guides me through stressful moments.
- In the face of stress, I choose peace and clarity.
- I trust in my ability to stay centered and composed.
- I breathe deeply, releasing tension with each exhale.
- I am stronger than any stressor that comes my way.
- Stress is a temporary state; I remain grounded in the present.
- I embrace the power of positivity in stressful situations.
- My mind is clear, and my actions are purposeful.
- I choose to respond to stress with grace and resilience.
- I release worry and embrace the strength within me.
- Stressful situations are opportunities for me to grow.
- I am in control of my response to stress.
- My inner peace is unshakable in the midst of chaos.
- I trust in my ability to find solutions under pressure.
- I remain calm, focused, and effective in stressful moments.
- Stress does not define me; I define my response to it.
- I release the need for perfection in challenging situations.
- I am capable, and I believe in my ability to overcome stress.
- I choose to let go of what I cannot control.
- I find strength in the midst of stress.
- I am resilient, and I bounce back from stress with ease.
- I am surrounded by a calm and supportive energy.
- Stress is a passing cloud; I am the calm sky above it.
- I face stress with a positive and empowered mindset.
- My mind remains steady, even when situations are not.
- I trust that I have the resources to navigate through stress.
- Stressors are temporary; my inner peace is enduring.
- I am the master of my thoughts, and I choose tranquility.
- I release stress, and I welcome peace into my mind and body.
Morning Anxiety Affirmations
- Today, I choose peace over worry.
- I am ready to face the day with a calm and open mind.
- My breath anchors me in the present moment, dispelling anxiety.
- I release tension and embrace the serenity of the morning.
- I am in control of my thoughts, and I choose optimism.
- Each morning is a new opportunity for growth and positivity.
- I welcome the day with gratitude and a sense of calm assurance.
- Today, I trust in my ability to handle challenges gracefully.
- I am surrounded by the quiet strength of the morning.
- My mind is clear, and I approach the day with confidence.
- I release the need for perfection; I am enough as I am.
- This morning is filled with opportunities for joy and fulfillment.
- I am resilient, and I face the day with courage.
- I breathe in calmness, and I exhale any lingering anxiety.
- Today, I choose self-compassion and understanding.
- I am open to receiving the positive energy of a new day.
- I am worthy of love, success, and all the good things life offers.
- The morning light fills me with peace and hope.
- My mind is a sanctuary of positivity and tranquility.
- I release any worries about the future and focus on the present.
- I start my day with a grateful heart, dispelling anxious thoughts.
- Each moment is a fresh start, and I embrace it with optimism.
- I am grounded, secure, and supported by the morning calm.
- I trust the unfolding of this new day and find peace in it.
- Morning affirmations set the tone for a day of positivity.
- I am free from the burdens of yesterday; today is a new beginning.
- The morning sun energizes me with positivity and warmth.
- I am the architect of my own happiness, starting from this morning.
- I choose thoughts that uplift and empower me throughout the day.
- Today, I am a magnet for positive experiences and joyful moments.
Bedtime Anxiety Affirmations
- I release the events of the day and embrace peace.
- My mind and body deserve rest, and I am ready to sleep peacefully.
- I let go of any tension, allowing my body to relax completely.
- Tonight, I choose to focus on the tranquility within me.
- I am grateful for the positive moments of the day.
- My breath guides me into a serene and restful sleep.
- I release worries about tomorrow; it will unfold in its own time.
- I am surrounded by a calming energy that supports my sleep.
- Each breath in is a step towards serenity; each breath out is a release.
- I am safe, and I let go of any fear or anxiety.
- The day is over, and I am at peace with what transpired.
- Tonight, I surrender to the quiet and stillness of the night.
- I trust in the healing power of sleep to renew my mind and body.
- My thoughts slow down, paving the way for a restful night.
- I release any lingering stress and welcome tranquility.
- My dreams are filled with positivity and relaxation.
- I am grateful for the lessons of today and look forward to a new beginning tomorrow.
- Sleep is a natural and peaceful process that I welcome.
- I am deserving of a night filled with deep and rejuvenating sleep.
- As I close my eyes, I release any tension in my body.
- The world can wait; it’s time for my mind to rest.
- I choose to focus on the blessings of today as I drift into sleep.
- My bedroom is a sanctuary of peace and comfort.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to rest and recharge.
- I let go of any thoughts that do not serve my well-being.
- Sleep is a gift, and I am grateful for this time to replenish.
- My mind and body release any remaining stress as I prepare for sleep.
- Tonight, I choose to prioritize my well-being through restful sleep.
- I am surrounded by a gentle quietness that soothes my mind.
- I trust in the process of sleep, and I am grateful for this time of rejuvenation.
I hope you have been able to find some anxiety relief from this blog post. Maybe you’ve even come up with some of your own affirmations after reading through this list. What comes next is up to you.
Are you going to begin reciting positive affirmations for anxiety in the bathroom mirror? Will you keep them handy for stress relief on a regular basis? That is all up to you, my friend. The first step is to repeat your first affirmation for anxiety.
I wish you well on your journey to developing a more positive attitude thanks to these positive phrases. Remember, you are worthy of love despite your feelings of anxiety. Always.
If you loved this post, you might also like a few of my other affirmation posts like this one full of affirmations for daughters that’ll help boost self-esteem or this one with words of affirmation for moms to use on a regular basis for your emotional health.