This post contains affiliate links that I earn a commission through. Thank you for supporting Twins and Coffee!
The first year of parenting is both the shortest and longest one you’ll ever go through.
To make it a little easier, I have polled a group of moms from the Twins and Coffee facebook page and they’ve given me 15 different first year parenting hacks to share with you guys today.
We all need a little help sometimes, because it truly takes a village to raise a baby AND mother.
Whether you like it or not, you need that help.
Help can be in the form of another person, or one of these solid first year parent hacks!
12 first year parenting hacks you need to know
- Take advantage of all the hand me downs.
- Make up a registry, then check out the Facebook Marketplace for all your registry needs. I spent VERY little on the twins first year by doing this!
- Learn how to make coffee you actually enjoy drinking. It’ll save your pocket.
- Run errands alone (if you can) to not waste gas and get them all done in one go.
- Try out meal planning. It’ll save you what brain power you DON’T have anymore come 5pm.
- Buy your diapers in bulk. Whether that be stocking up at Costco or an Amazon diaper subscription.
- Buy store brand formula. It does the same thing and is made to the SAME nutritional value as name brand.
- Invest in products that promote good sleep (such as quality swaddles, swings and such). You’ll thank the heavens that you did.
- Get a cash back card if you can for all those big and bulk purchases you’re going to make.
- Bouncers are your life savers. Invest in a great one and never worry about your showers again!
- Buy a formula pitcher and make a days worth ahead of time to save yourself some stress later in the day.
- Remember, sleep over EVERYTHING. You might not want to. Might think you don’t need it but I promise you, you will regret not getting those few hours of sleep while the baby slept.
Do you have any first year parenting hacks you’d love to share?
Share them in the comments! Let’s add to this list!