This post contains affiliate links that I earn a commission through. Thank you for supporting Twins and Coffee!
I am here today as a new mom of twins to say this crap is hard!
We need some new twin mom inspiration.
If you haven’t had your twins yet, please don’t let me scare you. But you twin mommas who have– this ones for you. For us.
You guys know exactly why I am making coffee right now. At three in the afternoon.
Today has just been one of those day’s. They haven’t slept at the same time once, have eaten more than they weigh, and will not stop crying.
Before I sat down to write this, I was making both of them a bottle while both screamed loud enough for our neighbors across the street to hear. So I decided to get them situated in their twin z and make myself a pot of coffee.
We all have these day’s. Day’s where we wonder why we were the ones blessed with twins. I love my babies past the stars; I couldn’t imagine life with just one baby to cuddle and love on. But two can be a lot to handle. I couldn’t imagine more. I need some new twin mom inspiration.
Days like today need inspiration, so I’ve created a combo of music and activities to help you (and me) push through.
Okay, let’s start off with some music! I need something I can dance to. I love starting a TrapNation mix on Youtube. Pick one of their songs and let Youtube create a quick mix for you and get your dance on (with or without a baby).
Here are some to get you started:
You can also find TrapNation on Spotify and listen to their premade mixes!
Next up- What you should do!
I am not a therapist, so I’m not going to tell you to count to ten and do all those breathing exercises. We all know we need something different than that. So try these instead:
- Make some coffee (you saw that coming didn’t you) and drink it out of a happy mug
- Eat a snack (PB and Ritz is a good one, or ice cream straight from the tub)
- Call or text someone and have them tell you about their day
I do this often with my husband. If I need to get out of my head, I’ll call him up and ask him to tell me about his day. He usually goes on long enough that I have a chance to calm down and it’s also nice to feel like i’m not alone.
- Look up sloth memes on Google (if you have a dirty mind like me, otherwise skip this one. But know your’re missing out)
- Check out the best of 2017 compilation from The Thrillist and lose yourself in the great hashtags for a few hours
- Rewatch your favorite show on Netflix. My go-to is How I Met Your Mother. I have rewatched the series more than I want to admit…
- Take a shower and shave your legs for once
- Put on some makeup. Make yourself feel pretty.
- Look at the new and interesting finds on Amazon. You’re bound to find something you need!
- Make some brownies and eat the whole pan
- Read through the #momfail thread on Twitter and laugh at other mom’s mistakes
- Open up Pinterest and search for inspirational quotes
- Color in one of these awesome adult coloring books!
- Do something you love. Let the house go to crap for a day and break out the yarn, nail polish or yoga mat and just focus on you
But most importantly, remember that it is okay to walk away. You have to take care of yourself before you can take care of them. If you’re about to lose it, leave the room. They can cry for a couple minutes while you gather yourself.
What do you do to calm down on the crazy days? Leave a comment below for your fellow twin mommas! And don’t forget to subscribe via email for the latest post from Twins and Coffee