This post contains affiliate links that I earn a commission through. Thank you for supporting Twins and Coffee!
Stumped on how to raise your self esteem? Well, you’re in the right place. Today I am sharing my best tips for raising your self esteem and confidence!
First Step to Confidence: Finding your Worth
Finding your worth is one of those things that will happen when it happens. It will be like a lightbulb moment for you.
For me? It was at the collapse of my marriage. I won’t go into big details here but I was stuck in an abusive marriage for too long and made excuse after excuse not to leave. I didn’t see my worth.
That was until one day, 8 years after starting to date the man, I was sick as hell (likely with the ‘vid at the start of 2020) and I asked him to stay home with the kids so I could go to urgent care.
He said no.
I am not sure why THAT of all things is what made me realize I was worth more than that, but whatever it was, it was a lightbulb moment for me. About a month later I packed up my kids and left for my moms.
That was when my life changed forever. Not just because I was divorcing my high school sweetheart, but because I finally recognized my worth and I was ready to start fighting for it.
Realizing I was worthy of happiness and a good life was the start of when I truly started to feel confidence for the first time in my life. I felt like I was kind of confident before that point, but after finding my worth I quickly realized that who I was before wasn’t confident at all. She was just scared and doing what she needed to get by.
And that meant putting on a fake smile for the rest of the world.
But once I found my worth I started on what I now call my self love and healing journey and that is where I started to finally feel confident in myself and my life.
And now? I want to help you do the same.
I think you’ll love these!
- Top Rated Pinterest Simple Banana Bread Muffins
- 30+ of the Best DIY Gifts for Mom and Grandma
- Self Care Worksheets for Taking Care of Your Mental Health
- Why is it So Hard to Take Care of Yourself?
- How to Take a Self Care Day (Mental Health Day)
How to raise your self esteem and boost confidence
- Shut up your inner critic. Make it less harsh (you’re ugly – I’m okay!). You don’t always have to be a badass bitch but start believing you are “ok” and it’ll happen
- Give yourself frequent pep talks
- Wear what makes you feel beautiful and forget anyone else
- Try out some new hobbies & master a new skill! I am working on the Instapot right now!
- Deep dive and list out accomplishments. They could be small ones from this past week, big ones over the last ten years, whatever works for you!
- Forget comfort zones. Push the limit!
- Work on healing. Coming to terms/peace will help you starting to raise your confidence
- Work on ending little habits that bring you down. For example, I take regular social media breaks (even as an influencer) because I fall into bad pits if I let myself hang on for too long.
- Cut out people/things that drop your self-esteem
- Begin to accept failure as a chance for growth
- Start an affirmation, daily quote, SOMETHING book (look at my journaling tips here)
- Make the tacky sticky note mirror full of quotes and affirmations
- Listen to (or make up) a what I call, bad bitch playlist
- Practice speaking whenever you can
- Shift mindset about shortcomings to how they benefit you
- Celebrate small things!
- Nighttime meditation/affirmations. Check out my favorite meditation channel here.
- Do things that make YOU happy & you’ll start caring less. Trust me
- Forget what you can’t change
- Write yourself notes when you ARE feeling good and read them later ( I did this through my divorce when feeling like crap)
- Switch to realistic, attainable goals. Got a big one? Break it down into tiny pieces and be proud of each step
- Do things for yourself. Dress for yourself, listen to music you enjoy, spend time as you like. Obviously, things come up in motherhood and life, but I’ll tell you what, I love my Bluetooth headphones lol
- Fake it till you make it. This my friends is how I accomplish anything in life. I PRETEND I am doing okay and somehow, things turn out okay. Try it out.
I hope these ideas for how to raise your self esteem and boost your confidence help you do just that! Pick a few things from the list to practice for the next month and see how things go!