This post contains affiliate links that I earn a commission through. Thank you for supporting Twins and Coffee!
If you’re searching why self-love is important, odds are you’re not getting enough & in order to support your mental health, it is necessary.
The Truth About Self Love
Self love fills your cup.
There is no doubt about it.
Self love is what you need to get by in this crazy world and if you aren’t genuinely putting the time in to take care of yourself and your needs, you’re going to feel it hitting you in all aspects of your life.
A lack of self love will make you feel less than, less confident, exhausted, overwhelmed, among many other things.
I know when I am not taking care of myself my body likes to show me by making it feel like I was hit by a truck. When I am not taking care of myself and my mental health my body physically aches.
That is when I know I have been slacking on the self love and need to pick it up. If that doesn’t tell you why self love is important, well, maybe diving into it a bit more will help you see why self love is SO important!
I think you’ll love these!
- 108 Quotes About Falling in Love with Your Best Friend
- 127 Inspirational October Quotes and Sayings for Fall
- 28 Best Motivational Podcasts on Spotify to Inspire
- 150+ Positive Affirmations for Depression to Calm You
- 141+ Relatable and Funny Introvert Quotes and Sayings
Why is Self Love Important?
Why is self-love important? Like I said, it fills your cup.
When your cup is full, you’re happier. Plain and simple. But beyond that, you’ll find that you’re much more content and can better handle the many stressors of motherhood and life as a whole.
Do you ever find yourself at your wits end with your kids? Like you’re about to burst into “angry mom”?
Where does that anger come from? Unmet needs. Un.Met.Needs.
Aka: not taking care of yourself.
And that is likely the case for you also.
Unmet needs don’t do a single good thing for anyone.
That is why self love is so important.
Examples of Self Love
Okay, so we know self love is important. Now what??
Well, here are some examples of what you can do to show yourself some self love:
- Incorporate positive affirmations into your everyday life
- Gift yourself something small every so often like the flowers you love from the market or that killer salmon you crave but don’t buy often
- Take every opportunity for rest that you can
- Check out some of these awesome books for self-empowerment and growth
- Invest in quality products for yourself so you aren’t having to constantly replace kitchen items and clothing
Those are just a few simple examples of self-love ideas but I hope you get the picture that they don’t have to be grand gestures. They can be small things that you work into your everyday life! And they should be in order to keep you at your best as often as you are able.
I hope this post diving into the importance of self love has helped you better understand why self love is important and given you some ideas of why it is and how to practice it!